Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dinner On A Dime


I'm not exactly what you would call a good chef, but I love hearing what everyone else is serving for dinner, so maybe someone else might be interested in what I'm making :). Or not, but it's worth a shot!

This is sooo easy and cheap!! I found it on Kraft.com a while ago and its turned into one of those - nothing else to cook - dinners. Anyone have any extra ranch dressing lying around? Or chicken? How about salsa?




Ingredients:


1 Tbsp oil - ($.10)
1 lb chicken ($1.88)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) Chicken broth ($.20 -I bought some large containers w/ coupons, or ~ .50)
1/4 cup ranch dressing (FREE with doublers)
2 Tbsp flour (.02?)
6 flour tortillas, cut in small pieces (I got these FREE at Ablies a while ago, or ~ $.60)
1 cup cheese ($.44 - $.88/2 cups at Albies)
1/2 Salsa ( I got this FREE w/ a coupon a while ago or ~ $.40)


Directions:

HEAT oil in large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.

MIX broth, dressing and flour until well blended; gradually add to chicken, stirring constantly. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 min. Stir in tortilla pieces.

SPRINKLE with cheese; cover. Simmer 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa.



Total for a family of 4 (plus leftovers!) = $8.78 (most of you could probably make it for at most this price)

My cost = $2.62!!!

No comments: