Friday, February 12, 2010

My Walgreens Trip (2/12)

Where have I been all day? Walgreens. Seriously, it took forever - but it was well worth it! This deal is good through Saturday but you can only use the 15% savings pass through today (so hurry on over!). P.S. - I didn't clear anyone out of anything!

Here's my loot:


Total Paid: = $18.94 (including tax)

Total Saved = $92.97

I saved about 93% off retail cost!!


(10) Children's Tylenol Products
(5) Huggies Diapers Jumbo Packs
(7) 3 Musketeers
and a bunch of filler candies (I'll use for V-Day)

I used:

(5) $2/3 Tylenol Coupons from RP 2/7 insert
(2) $2/1 Huggies Printable coupons IE or FF
(3) $2/1 Hugges coupons from mailer
*plus I used $1/1 Huggies and $1/1 Tylenol from the Children's Activity Book AND the 15% off Friends and Family discount HERE (got all that??!!)


NOTE: Basically I did one transaction of Huggies, then one transaction of Tylenol, and "rolled" the $3 RR from each product to the next. My dream sale! I love stocking up on this stuff! I did find out that the Flu/Cold variety of the Children's Tylenol does not work with the Children's activity book coupon. S0 those end up being about $1.25 each instead of less that $.50 each ( If I knew this, I would ave saved $3 more bucks).

Here is what the transactions would look like:

Transaction #1 -
Buy (2) Tylenol Children's (Regular) - $4.79 each
Buy(1) filler item - about $.25
Hand the cashier the 15% off coupon
Hand the cashier the children's activity book to scan (-$1.70)
Hand the cashier the $3/2 coupon

Pay: about $4.12
-Get $3 RR

Transaction #2-
Buy 1 Huggies Jumbo Pack - $8.99
Buy 2 filler items - about $.50
Hand the cashier the 15% off coupon
Hand the cashier you children's activity book to scan (-$.85)
Hand the cashier the $2/1 Printable coupon IE or FF
Hand the cashier your $3RR

Pay: $2.10 - $2.73 (or less depending on your store)
-Get $3 RR

Then repeat transaction #1 using that $3 RR (making you OOP $1.12) and so on! Your final cost will vary depending on the filler items you use.

3 comments:

Julene said...

I know it is too late now, but my store you had to give the friends and family coupon before they even started ringing up anything or they would have to void it and start over. Just a heads up for the next time.

Bridgette said...

Did you not have to give them the huggies coupon from the activity booklet? I was only able to use it one time, or do you have multiple books?

Unknown said...

Apparently they do not have to turn in the activity book coupon. They just scan the same one for all your transactions and they never even cut mine out.