Saturday, February 13, 2010

BE CAREFUL and check your Credit Card Statement

SO, I was paying my bills today and was looking over my CC statement. I came across a transaction for $14.95 that I had NO idea what it was for. So I called the company, and after a few people, got on the phone with the people that were charging me.

Apparently, when I used VISTAPRINT a few times to get some "free" items (and just pay shipping), they had my credit card number and I was automatically signed up for a monthly $14.95 membership. I was charged for the month of Jan AND Feb, but they were super nice and automatically cancelled my membership and retro paid me back for Jan too. Thank heavens I checked my statement twice to see what I had purchase.

Sometimes we *think* we know what we purchased and just pay the amount asked for. Make sure you are double checking you account especially if you have made purchases through VISTAPRINT!

8 comments:

Tamra said...

I've ordered form vista print numerous times and never had anything like that happen.

Gracie said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the alert!

Unknown said...

Thats so strange - I have NEVER had a bad experience with VP and I have ordered just about every free thing they put out! Its always good to read the fine print, but I have never seen anything about a membership or cancelling a contract of some kind. Im sorry you had a bad experience with them, It sounds like someone made an error in their billing or shipping department!

Tamra said...

It's more than likely because you signed up for one of the offers while checking out. ALWAYS be careful checking yes to any additional offer through any online transaction.

I've worked with VistaPrint's affiliate program for over a year and NEVER had any issues. I really love this company. This is how they can afford to give out free stuff though. Other companies pay Vista Print to allow their third party "offers" to presented at checkout. Just check no and you should be fine.

Jilene said...

I'm sure they are great, and i will continue to purchase through them, I just want to give the heads up for someone else who may have mistakenly pressed the wrong button. :-)

Tamra said...

Thanks! That;s a great remoinder to be careful about "special offers" with "partners"!

Jessica said...

I made a telephone order from Fredericks just before our anniversary. Just before hanging up the lady asked me if I'd be interested in $40 worth of gift certificates. "Yeah," was my reply. A few days later my hubby was checking over our bank account and noticed an extra $89 charge from Fredericks. Oh boy. A week later I got a packet from them and I had been enrolled in some stupid club and was paying $89 a month! HOLD THE PHONE!!! I called them up and canceled my membership. They couldn't give me my $ back over the phone. Oh no. They have to mail me a paper that I have to fill out and mail back to them. If they think for one second that I'm going to forget and let them keep my $ they are sorely mistaken. GRRRR!

HeidiT said...

Same thing happened to me at Vistaprint about a year ago. I called them up and they took care of it right away and even sent me a code for free business cards to make up for the mix-up.