Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Insider Information

Well, I like to think of this as insider information :). I am about to let you in on one of my biggest "couponing" secrets. I have been a little reluctant to share, but because I owe this store a little business, and becasue this blog is small enough, it won't completely get crazy, I have decided it would be in everyone's intrest if I did. A few of you may be a little upset with me for sharing this, but, in the attitude of giving, hopefully you will forgive me.




Columbia Village Albertsons
(by the outlet malls)

Yep, that's my secret and for the few of that shop there as well, you know why it's my secret. It's a drive for me but let me tell you why it's wort the the extra time and gas:

1.) Friendly, nice cashiers (every on of them - seriously - they LOVE LOVE coupons!!)
2.) No crowds
3.) Always stocked
4.) Give out doublers (liberally!! - not just 1 per person if you get my drift ;)

I'm am sharing this with you because I think good store should be rewarded, and the bad ones should be sent the message by where we choose to shop. I'm not being paid or getting any sort of compensation ( I wish!) by Albertsons. I have loved this store and it was time to give back to it a little.

Here is the "just for you" treatment: Every Tuesday night after 8pm they have cashiers on hand to "handle" all the coupons. They have specials and "bonus" coupons the give out (again - liberally!). Luke, the grocer manager, will pre-order anything and as much of anything you want!! NO questions asked. they have no limit on transactions and have never acted annoyed or bothered towards me and my sometimes hundredth doubler purchase. They can handle this on Tuesday night because of special cashiers available. Want 200 tuna pouches? No problem! or 75 All Detergents? Done! Just call him form home and tell him what you want.

They literally WANT all of our couponing business. He actually asked me to post this! If you want a go to store, this is the place. It's not just me they've sold either, Shelley and Alison from HowDoesShe ONLY shop this store, even though it's a drive for the both of them.

Bottom line is there are some good stores and some bad stores. Shop where they make you feel comfortable, and remember we making THEM money, and they should treat you as such.

To get you started at Columbia, I've got 2 deals for you:

Diet Snapple 6pk - $5
- Save $2 Instantly wyb2
Submit for $6.99 Rebate on 2 (Luke has these rebates there tonight!)
Final Price = $1.01 for (2) 6pks !

Nestle Nesquik Single Serve Milks 16oz - $1
Use $.40/1 (Luke literally has hundreds of these coupons at store)
Double
Final Price = $.20 each! (you can freeze these!)

P.S. - If you do shop Columbia - be nice to them as well and feel free to share your "secret" store, if you dare!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I agree! They have been so friendly to me the times I have traveled out there. In fact last year for the diaper deal we could not find diapers anywhere and they let me and my friends and family buy a whole pallet because they were so well stocked. It is a great store!

Anonymous said...

Yes! My husband works out at Gowen Field, so while taking him lunch I have stopped there a few times. So nice and friendly about coupons! What a breath of fresh air!

pam said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm from Mt. Home and I drive by them all the time and thought it looked quiet. Thanks for all your Help, I'm so thankful for you ladies.

Mindy said...

That is a friendly store. I have 2 albertsons exact same distance from my house on overland. the albertsons on overland/orchard are terrible! I don't dare go to that one unless desperate. The cashiers are rude. But the one on vista/overland is amazing! They are well stocked and so friendly! What a difference and they are only 2 miles away from each other.

Shelley said...

Cats out of the bag! ;) Columbia Village Albertsons Rocks!!! I promise it is worth the drive. -We love you LUKE! ;)