Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pottery Barn - The Discount Queens Way :)

Discount Queens Craft!!


I know - this isn't exactly grocery or coupon related, but I loved it and wanted to share!

I'm not exactly what you would call "crafty." I mostly just steal ideas from my super crafty friends (aka Katie!!!). I found this awesome craft blog (Mad in Crafts) that features crafts that cost little but look great. That's the business I'm in - paying less and getting more - so I thought I would share. If you like this feature, let us know. I'll keep them coming. If not, just tell me to leave the craft stuff to my crafty friends :).


How beautiful are these Christmas frames??




Yes, they are Pottery Barn, and yes they are expensive - $30-$50 each. (I torture myself perusing their website all the time.) But don't despair - they are SO simple to make using dollar store frames and grosgrain ribbon - all for $1 and change a piece! Look how Mad in Crafts frames turned out:

The ribbon is glued to the back of the frame to act as the mat. If you can't find silver frames at the dollar store - just spray paint Goodwill or DI frames.

Another great craft inspired by Pottery Barn:


Make this beautiful holiday vase by using these bells from the Dollar Tree.

For all the details check out Mad in Crafts!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

cool ideas. I say "keep the ideas comming"!!!!