Wednesday, October 7, 2009

$1/2 Quaker Oats Coupon Drama

Apparently Quaker decided they didn't want to reimburse all the coupons being printed from their site...

If you printed the $1/2 coupon from Quakeroats.com - don't be surprised if you cashier tell syou it's a fraudulent coupon from a "fake" site. I am a little upset by all of this!! (especially b/c I have not done my quaker run yet!!)

The site looks completley legit and so does the coupon, look what I found on a PYP thread from Shelley:

www.quakeroats.com is registered to:
Registrant: The Quaker Oats Company
Domain Admin
555 W Monroe Ste 6-1 Chicago, IL 60661 US

Wikipedia shows their headquarters are in Chicago, and links to www.quakeroats.com as their official website. I'm sure if I put more time into it, I could come up with much more evidence that www.QuakerOats.com is indeed a real website, and the official website of the Quaker Oats company. I hope whatever dork or dorks at Albertsons or Quaker who made this call are reading this thread. "Just tell them it's not legit, and we can get out of honoring it...they'll never know the difference."

Just so you know, the coupon has been surprisingly taken off the "fake" site. Hmmm, Quaker this all sounds a little fishy.....

I've read on a few forums of people speaking directly with Quaker, who this morning, consistently confirmed the coupon as legit. Let us know what you find out.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

lame, lame lame! :(

Unknown said...

Emily reported that Nampa Albertsons has posted warnings that the coupon is fraudulent and that they will NOT honor it! Just a heads up for our nampa shoppers!!!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

Really? How crazy is that? It is the same site they've always had. You can register & login right at it and I've printed coupons from it before. How weird! I removed the link from my blog earlier after someone pointed out the coupon wasn't on there anymore, but I didn't realize some stores weren't honoring it. Thanks for the heads-up. You can still get the one over at RedPlum though.