Monday, April 13, 2009

I am feeding my family tonight for $3.50

This is one of my family's most FAVORITE recipes. The main ingredients are a part of the Albertsons buy $25 save $10 promo so you may have all the ingredients already in your pantry. My kids LOVE it, and it freezes well, so you can make a big batch and save yourself some time down the road. As a bonus it is SUPER EASY! Let me know if you like it.

ITALIAN CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN

1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 envelope ZESTY Italian Salad Dressing MIX
1 8 oz block of cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Put all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Freeze any leftover chicken/sauce mixture and save for a later date. Just reheat and make fresh rice!

Price break-down:
Chicken $1.88
ZESTY Italian Salad Dressing MIX $0.60 (from this week's Albertson's promo, if you buy 4 you also get a Catalina so it becomes $0.35!)
Cream Cheese $0.60 (from this week's Albertson's promo)
Cream of Mushroom Soup FREE (using my Albertson's double coupons a few weeks back)
Rice ~ $0.50

GRAND TOTAL $3.58

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! We like that too. In fact it's on my food blog! Our only differnce is cream of chicken soup. And it's cheap!! Wahoo!

Tiffani said...

Very smart - I plan my menu according to the deals because it just makes "cents"!