Wednesday, April 1, 2009

House Parties--Am I the only one who knows about these?


About a year ago, I was on a blog where I heard about these things called house parties, where companies will actually send you a whole box-full of free product for you to try and share with your friends. "Too good to be true!" I thought. Nothing is ever really FREE (little did I know at the time). I figured, what could it hurt? And I applied to be host of the Hershey's Bliss Chocolates house party. I filled in my info, and went on my merry way forgetting all about it, until a couple days later, when I got an email informing me that I had been chosen to host a party, and to log in to the site to start setting up my party and inviting my guests! To make a long story short, a couple of weeks later I got a big box from Hershey's with 8 bags of the then new product, Hershey's Bliss. My party pack also came with party favors--pens, pads of paper, Hershey's napkins, coupons to share. . .I was blown away! And all I had to do was give it to my friends, and see if they liked it! Seriously!

So now I'm a believer in the house party program. In fact, just tonight I was chosen to host a party for Juicy-juice! Free juice? Why yes, my kids happen to love free juice! And so do our friends! Sign me up!

So how do you get in on this action? Go to houseparty.com and follow the steps to apply to host a party for a product that interests you. You may or may not be chosen, but if you are, you won't regret it!

12 comments:

Katie said...

Emily...this looks awesome, thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try it out, hopefully they'll pick me for something.

Unknown said...

Woah, Im on it! Any chance Olive garden offers house parties? You can only imagine how excited I would be for a vat of alfredo sauce :)

Unknown said...

now that I posted that I realized only one of the emilys would know what I was talking about! We need a way to tell you girls apart!!!

Katie said...

I'm with you Christy, I can't tell which Emily is which.

Emily C. said...

Oh, sorry girls, let's see if I can figure out a way to change that. . .

Martha said...

If you figure a way to change it...tell me. I want my name to read something else. Nothing against my husband...he just doesn't get too into this blog thing :)

Katie said...

Hey...not that we care because we love you both!

Emily C. said...

Sure, sure, but as I understand it, the other Emily is a REAL coupon queen, whereas I am still somewhat of a coupon "serf" (google it, gals). I wouldn't want there to be any confusion! I am now officially "Emily C."

Lacey said...

Can't wait to come to your juice party! Thanks for the invite-Lace!

Jeannette said...

I LOVE house party!! I too was selected for the juicy juice party and I can't wait. I was selected for the ultimate house party a few months ago, I was sent about $400.00 worth of fisher price toys all for FREE!!

Emily C. said...

Jeannette--is that an April fool's joke, or did they really do that?

Emily said...

Emily C,

I think we are all coupon queens!